Villas at San Bernardino COVID-19 Virus Update
The COVID-19 Virus is changing quickly and we are fluid with new information. We will continue to make adjustments based on the CDC, California authority, and the community care licensing recommendations. We realize this may cause further disruption to our routines. However, we remain 100% committed to limiting exposure to our residents, families and team members.
Villas At San Bernardino is continuing to follow infection control protocols and, per recent restrictions outlined during the March 13th Presidential address, is suspending non-essential visitation into the community.
Current practices are:
- We are only allowing essential individuals into the community. This means NEEDED VISITS ONLY. (Outside medical providers, immediate family and/POA)
- Essential individuals are screened via COVID-19 questionnaire. Individuals after screening may be prohibited from entering community.
- No one under the age of 18 may enter the community.
- No outside pets allowed.
- Frequent hand washing for 20 seconds in duration and/or hand hygiene with alcohol-based hand rub.
- Frequent disinfecting of commonly touched environmental surfaces to decrease environmental contamination.
- Standard precautions, such as wearing masks, gloves and gowns as situations warrant their use.
- Internal activities will be limited to groups of 10 or less.
- External activities have ceased.
- Dining will take place throughout the community in small groups. (no more than 10 residents at a time)
- Deliveries will stop short of entering the community and Villas staff will move them inside and deliver as appropriate. This includes mail. (There will be a few medical equipment exceptions)
The above will stay in place until the state lifts restrictions. Villas at San Bernardino will continue to monitor this situation and adjust practices as need be.
Thank you for supporting our continued efforts to keep our Villas Family safe.